Tuesday 15 December 2015

How to move forward when doors keep closing?


Lately, I have been facing unusual career failures back to back.

My last contract ended late June and I haven’t been able to secure another internship or job since. Although I graduated from a highly selective law program (at undergraduate level in Europe), I got rejected from the bar preparation course I applied for (which was at a lower ranked university and non-selective). This means I can’t sit the bar examination.

I’m very frustrated. The last job I interviewed for was to sell products door to door. I have reached a whole new low after getting fired after my first day of work because I don’t fit the image of the brand after all. I’ve been looking for an internship or job in my field of choice since June!

My two fields of interest were fashion and law. I experienced a few failures in the fashion industry as I either quit or got fired (my last experience). With the legal track, I had to repeat a semester and I’ve seriously been struggling to find experience, not to mention, I got rejected from the bar examination preparation course which means I can’t sit the bar exam. This seriously alters the rest of my path in this field. I gained 6 months experience in corporate finance and law, but nothing significant since.

Since most doors are closing, I want to redefine my career track instead of giving up altogether. The Universe is telling me to let go of these two tracks because they’re obviously not made for me. Saturn in the 6th doesn’t help at all.

On top of this, I’ve been single for the past two years and I’m back living at my parents which is driving me insane! I’m either “overqualified” for call center/temporary jobs or underqualified for the jobs in my field.

How should I proceed from now on? What does my chart indicate regarding the fields I should work in?

* I’ve already posted a horary chart but it’s too early to interpret anything. It’s void.

The post How to move forward when doors keep closing? appeared first on .


from How to move forward when doors keep closing?
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1O1X7Ew

No comments: